Pretend you are a teacher talking to another teacher about the positives and negative parts of using a blog. What would you say? Would you encourage the teacher to allow their students to blog?
Would you encourage this teacher to start a wiki? Why or why not?
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
I would probably say that an up about a blog is that the students can compare and contrast teir answers with other students answers A negetive to using a blog is some other people that are not in your class can answer to your questions.
I would encourage the teacher to start a wiki because then you could make it just your class. And then you make multiple pages for dfferent reasons.
C8
If I were a teacher talking to another teacher then I would tell them that a blog is very helpful because if you have a question then all you need to do is post it on the blog and then tell the class that you posted it and they needed to answer.No more having to repeat yourself over and over to the people that didn't listen.Also people get to see what the other people said and you don't have to call on the people that don't want to share, they have to.One bad thing about the blog is you have to O.K. everyone.
I would also recommend a wiki. Projects can be posted and you can have a online discussion. You can post sights and games that you think are good.
24
If I were talking to another teacher about blogs I would say that they are a very good idea and that they are helpful for the students and everyone. The only bad things are that students can do things to the blog like type bad things and delete stuff. I think that every teacher should have one because you can communicate with your students. #18
I would say to the other teacher " The blogs are GREAT! They are great to have the class express there opinions on the Subject." Plus I'd encourage the other teacher to make a blog and a wiki! That would probably make the other students cheerful!
#19:)
I would tell them that blogs are useful because it enables questions to be answered during independent time. It helps decide on what to do (surveys). When a child doesn't know what a important website is, then you can have hyperlinks to the website. Some of the disadvantages are: some people don't have internet connection, so some people can't go there, and have to answer the question on paper. You also have to have some kind of computer. You also have to check it once in a while, and students can get away with not answering questions.
C14
What I would say would be that the blog is a great idea and the only thing that is bad about it is that you have to make sure that everything is ready to post because sometimes your question can get all messed up so I would defiantly say that teacher should get one. What I would say about the wiki is that it is fun to have at sometimes but a lot of the time it is very confusing so I would say don't get a wiki unless it is necessarily.
9
I would try to encourage the teacher to start a blog with him/her students. I would say "You should use a blog because you could know and see that your kids are learning in the a asinngment that you have gave." I Would encourage this teacher to start a wiki I would say to the teacher that"The wiki is another kind of thing to conect with your students kind of thinking."
17
I would say, "Mr(s) Blablabla, you'd never guess what happened today when I was trying to start up my blog! I had typed a question for the kids to answer, and just as I hit "post", the computer froze. I had to reboot. I was thinking that the computer had saved my work, but it hadn't. And it was such a long question that I don't know if I even asked what I meant to the first time! One of the upsides is that anyone who tries to post something mean on our blog will get stopped by me. And if it's one of my kids I'll be able to find out! There's this way to have each and every post sent to my E-mail address so I can approve them before they go to where everyone can see them! Pretty cool, huh?"
Yes, I would because blogging is a way to get everyone's say in a matter, but making it fun, online!
Yes, I would, because it's very handy when trying to turn in reports so that parents can see them. Plus it's helpful for putting up homework, giving out assignments, and the like.
-C5
1:I would tell the other teacher that the positives about a blog is that asking the students questions and getting answers and seeing what the students think is inportant to there own opinions but that the negatives are that the students get to right what ever they want and sometimes have the possibility of getting.
2:I would encourage this teacher to start a wiki because they are exciting andalso let the students express there opinions about the topic and it is not likely the students will get off topic if it is an exciting topic.11
Some positives about the blog are that you can type instead of write and use spell check. But there are some down sides like waiting for the computer to load or you may be slow at typing. So with that I would encourage teachers to use a blog
Yes I would encourage a teacher to start a wiki because you can do basically anything on it like homework, assignments, or games.#1
If I was talking to another teacher I would say the blog is great for kids to respond to questions in a fun way. Also they can look at each others posts and see different ways to respond to questions. The only bad part is anyone can go on to it and you could get a lot of posts that you have to approve. You should let the kids blog because it is a good way interact and learn in a fun way.
I think you should start a wiki because it is like an improved blog. You can discuss with each other on discussion tabs and you can post projects and assignments on a page.
C3
If I was a teacher I would make a class blog for some good and bad resons. We could have a discusion or do homework on it. We could have problems if someone put there friends number to get them in troble.
I would encourge the othere teacher for getting a wiki because you could do homework on it and we could read and have discusions on books and they could look up homework at home.
#2
I would say, "That think that bloging is just an easer way of giving the kid asiments. But I do think that bloging is just not the best thing for giving out asiments because then you have to fip back a forth between the pages if you can remember what the asiment is."
"But I do strongly recomed using a blog for answering qustions from magizens and nashnal gagraphic. It just has an easer way of working out that way."
Yes, I do encoreg this teach to start a wiki because you can make it be the way you want it to be. Just say you have the kids go and make a bookreview on their favoret book and lets just say billy did not like bobs report on D.W.K so he went and deleted it. So when you singht on to the computer you can go to bobs page and see that billy deleted that. Also I think a wiki is a grate place to put homework asiments and stuff like that.
#20
I would tell the teacher to get a blog so that you can get an opinion of one of your students without having a group discussion.
I would encourage this teacher to start a wiki so that you can have a silent discousion.
4
You should use A blog or a wiki they can help you communicat with your students better. It can help you with putting up homework. #16
#13
If I was a teacher talking to another teacher I would say that you should use a wiki or a blog because it your email so you can post something if you want to and it can say if there is an intruder.
I would encourage a teacher to use a blog because they can post things that you want that you can put up.
I would not encourage a teacher to use a wiki because someone could edit the page if you don't keep an eye out. And they could not sign in and be a guest.
If I pretended I was a teachertalking to another teacher I would say that a positive thing would be thinking of what to type,but a negative would be too type gross stuff ( like bugs,sharks,etc.)
I would convince the teacher to start a wiki because I know I loved having a wiki as a kid I bet kids would love it. If they like blogs then the children will love a wiki because a wiki is better and more fun. C-23
1. I would say "The positive of using a blog is that it's really easy and your student will love it. But the negative part about using a blog is you have to check all the students blog and you have to check the blog with number in it."
2. Yes, I encourage the teacher to allow their students to use a blog.
3. No, I do not encourage this teacher to start a blog. Because I don't want the teacher to find out about the wiki and I won't tell them how to use it.
#15
Post a Comment