Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Watch the video on Mrs. Urbanek's blog and leave a comment to describe your thoughts as you were watching it. Make sure to include the following in your responses: What would have it been like to be there? How do you think the astronauts felt? What do you think the scariest part of the mission would have been and why? If you were a part of the NASA mission, would you like to be an astronaut or someone left down on Earth? Why? Why was this mission so important to the United States?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it would be like being in a very deep swimming pool and being half way to the bottom so you would just be floating there. i think that the astronauts felt scared yet exited. If I where to go to space I would be very scared. I would like to be someone left on earth because I would get to experiance the moment but not have to be there. The misson is so impotant because this made history.
4

Anonymous said...

My thoughts as I was watching this video was that the people who went up to the moon where craze but the more I watched the move I thought that if I got an importunated to go to the moon I would say yes in a heart beat. Also what I think it would be like up there is I would feel anticipation and bad at the same time. I think astronauts felt excited. The scariest part would be landing because you have to do it right. I would like to go up to the moon because I would like to see it. It was important because it was the first ever time and it was a piece of history.

C-9

Anonymous said...

I think being on the moon would be a little like stepping into a black and white photograph. I think the astronauts would have felt like they were on a major trampoline. The scariest part of the mission was probably being with 30 seconds of landing gas to go. If I were part of NASA I would like to be ground crew because I would get to experience the lift-off first hand. This mission was really important because we would like the honor of being the first nation on the Moon.

-C5

Anonymous said...

I would like to be an astronaut because it would be awesome to be one of the first people to step on to the moon. I would also like the low gravity.It would probably feel unbalanced without the gravity.It might feel soft. I think the scariest part would be going back because if the ship didn't blast off you would be stuck there forever. It was so important because it helped us discover that you can go on to other planets and such in space and it evolved our scientific ways.
#3C